Are you looking for an alternative to using MailChimp for handling your mass email marketing campaigns? Then you are in the right place.
MailChimp is a simple service for managing mass emails, but there are a number of helpful alternatives that you should be aware of.
Top 3 Alternatives to MailChimp
Alternatives to Using MailChimp
MailChimp is great for managing a set of mass emails for free. When you expand beyond the 2,000 subscriber limit, it may be time to look for a MailChimp alternative.
Pay attention to:
- The potential size of your email marketing.
- The amount you can reasonably afford to spend on a MailChimp alternative.
- Specific features that you may require.
The Top Alternatives to Ontraport
Depending on the features you will need, I believe these 4 alternatives provide the next step in marketing automation.
Ontraport has a long track record of providing a superior product. The level of customization and management surpasses most other programs.
The Benefits of Ontraport
- Custom daily reports and analytics for monitoring your marketing campaign.
- Additional features include scheduled mass email, multiple campaigns, and a members section WordPress plugin.
- Complete suite of tools for managing marketing campaigns.
The Drawbacks of Ontraport
- Going from a free service such as MailChimp to Ontraport is a large increase in business expenses.
- Some users will require time to familiarize themselves with the software.
Infusionsoft is one of the few programs that matches Ontraport in the management of mass email marketing, with a comparable price tag.
The Benefits of Infusionsoft
- Provides everything you need to manage even the largest marketing campaigns.
- Thorough training is provided and required after purchase.
- Automated reporting customized to your needs.
The Drawbacks of Infusionsoft
- The only real drawback of the Infusionsoft software is the complex settings and features.
- The training, starting at $1,999, is required (but very helpful).
For more information about the differences between Infusionsoft and MailChimp, check out our Infusionsoft vs MailChimp comparison.
The monthly price for Infusionsoft is $199 – $379/ month (training starts at $1,999).
SalesForce has a quality set of services for helping you track and manage your emails and subscriber lists.
The Benefits of SalesForce
- The moderate features are presented in an easy to use interface.
- Businesses can choose a plan that fits their budgets.
- Quality customer service and support.
The Drawbacks of SalesForce
- SalesForce uses a tier pricing plan, requiring upgrades to access various features.
- Adding CSV files from other platforms is time-consuming.
The 4 tier pricing plan starts at $25/month for the Business Plan with limited features.
Another alternative for those stepping up from MailChimp is Hubspot – with a focus on online marketing and some email marketing options.
The Benefits of Hubspot
- Hubspot can be used to manage social media marketing.
- Simple web-based services for managing accounts and features.
- Pick and choose which affordable services you want.
The Drawbacks of Hubspot
- Hubspot has great services, but is limited in options and diversity.
- Without higher-end automation, Hubspot is better for improving SEO and increasing your online presence.
Depending on the services you select, Hubspot can cost anywhere between $200 – $2,400/month.
The Final Verdict
Remember the 3 points made at the beginning – look at the size of your campaigns, your budget, and the features you will need. These are all fine programs, with their own strengths.
Ontraport and Infusionsoft offer high-quality management for even the largest campaigns with a multitude of features and in-depth training.
SalesForce and Hubspot fall inbetween the latter and MailChimp; though, the more affordable rates could appeal to smaller businesses.
Have a Question?
If you require any additional advice, leave a comment in the comment section below and I will get back to you shortly.